Any international, national, provincial, or community
association or any government, educational institution, corporation
or foundation who is interested in furthering active living
for older adults is eligible for membership.
- Set up a Corresponding Member Committee of representatives
from Corresponding Members. The Committee will meet twice yearly by teleconference
call to discuss topics of interest and concern to members and to ALCOA.
- Set up a Community Talk-Back whereby, in May of each
year, by email or regular mail, ALCOA will survey the Corresponding Members
around their needs and ways in which ALCOA can endeavor to meet those needs.
This will also be an opportunity for Members to share successes and best
- Produce a Newsletter, with updates on ALCOA’s
activities and plans, to be circulated to Members annually in September/October.
It will be available for downloading from the ALCOA website. Print copies
will be sent to Members on request.
- List Members on the ALCOA website in alphabetical order
with contact information and/or a hyperlink to the Members website.
- Provide Members with 5 copies of the Research Update,
published once or twice a year. This publication is subject to funding
availability. It is also downloadable from the ALCOA website.
- Produce a Resource List of all ALCOA Roundtable Members,
including the name of the organization, website, and a list of resources
available. This will only be available to Corresponding Members and will
be sent in print format annually in March/April.
The corresponding member will:
- Promote active living for older adults
- Provide ALCOA with relevant up-to-date contact information (e.g. address
and phone number changes) as well as information about their organization and
- Promote ALCOA materials/resources at every opportunity to their respective
- Volunteer on ALCOA task forces, Ad Hoc committees, where appropriate
- Pay membership fees on time
Fees for corresponding members are as follows:
- Local/community club, group, organization $50
- Educational Institution $100
- Provincial Institution $100
- National/International Institution $150
ALCOA Corresponding Member Application
Back to Membership Info