ALCOA encompasses the beliefs that no one member takes precedence
over others and that all points of view are respected. These
principles enrich and solidify ALCOA's accomplishments and
build on the synergies between organizational mandates, interests
The Roundtable Members oversee the strategic direction of
To be eligible as a Roundtable member, the following criteria
must be met:
- Be national or provincial/territorial body with not-for-profit
status and be incorporated or have a charter or other form
of official recognition.
- Obtain approval and support to apply for membership in
ALCOA by the board or governing body of your organization.
- Commit to dissemination of the active living message
within your own organization.
- Maintain the highest ethical standards in all aspects
of organization, management and financial matters.
- Be headquartered in Canada.
The Roundtable will consist of national, provincial / territorial
organizations with an interest in furthering active living
for older adults. ALCOA members will comprise of the following
Attempts will be made to represent the geographical and ethno-cultural
diversity of Canada.
- Seniors' organizations
- Fitness and sports organizations
- Health related organizations
- Other relevant organizations
- One Corresponding member representative
- Two Older Adult Advisory representative
- One Research Advisory representative
- Each Roundtable member will have one vote.
- ALCOA may annually subsidize the official ALCOA representative
to the Annual General Meeting (AGM) from each organization
contingent upon funding.
- ALCOA will promote the member organization(s) in ALCOA
publications, promotional materials, and other possible
- ALCOA will provide referral information/service to member
organizations where appropriate.
- ALCOA will list members in a Resource Directory.
- The Roundtable will receive regular ALCOA updates.
- The Roundtable will elect Guardians for a one/two/three
- Roundtable members are eligible for election as ALCOA
The Roundtable member will:
- Commit to helping ALCOA advance active living for older
- Commit to a one/two year term as an ALCOA member.
- Appoint a senior staff, designated Board member or appropriate
Chairperson as the official ALCOA representative.
- Support the designated delegates attendance at the AGM.
- Attend all ALCOA meetings, except in exceptional circumstances
at such time they shall contact the national office.
- Give prompt responses to ALCOA fax-backs or other requests
- Assume the annual cost of membership.
- Promote ALCOA resources and publications etc. where possible.
- The Roundtable members will participate on ALCOA Ad Hoc
committees and task force where possible and appropriate.
- The Roundtable will provide ALCOA with information about
their organization and services and with updates (e.g.,
address and telephone number changes).
Fees for Roundtable members are: $250/year except the Older
Adult Advisory and the Research Advisory on the Roundtable.
ALCOA Roundtable Member Application
Back to Membership Info